Digital Art Fair Asia 2021
3 October - 17 October$80 – $350
The inaugural edition of Digital Art Fair Asia (DAFA), presented with Leading Partner Genesis Block Hong Kong and Platinum Sponsor Fire Rock Holdings announces its Hong Kong edition is taking place from 30 September to 17 October 2021 in Central. As a global art fair pioneer in digital art, DAFA strives to inspire a new generation of art collectors using cutting-edge technology including blockchain NFT, augmented reality and virtual reality to display world-class immersive art experience and NFT digital contemporary art.
With a 20,000 sq. ft venue situated in the heart of Hong Kong’s art and business district, DAFA will feature over 40 international and local artists who are experts of digital and NFT art in a hybrid physical and virtual format, featuring a futuristic 360 immersive art room in an art fair setting.
Showcasing over 200 pieces of digital and NFT art, DAFA brings the digital form of art into the real physical world. With an impressive line-up of international contemporary artists ranging from Refik Anadol to King of Kowloon and Krista Kim, art collectors will be able to see some of the most exciting digital and NFT contemporary art collections to date in the fair.
Digital Art Fair Asia 2021 showcases a world-class lineup of contemporary artists and digital artists across 5 different art zones in the fair, including:
● IMMERSIVE ZONE featuring international new media artist Refik Anadol, pioneer of 3D immersive art with an ultra-high-resolution immersive art room; as well as futurist artist Krista Kim, creator of the ‘NFT virtual house’ and various Metaverse artists.
● PRESTIGE ZONE featuring world-class renowned new media & NFT contemporary art collections, including works of Andy Warhol, King of Kowloon and Jacky Tsai.
● PIONEER ZONE co-curated by renowned digital artist Derry Ainsworth and Urban Art Specialist Hannah Smith, the pioneer zone featuring a range of up-and-coming artists including Sean Foley – the famed NFT cyberpunk photographer, SurrealHK (Tommy Fung), the master of photo manipulation and prolific urban artist Szabotage.
● NEW MEDIA ZONE featuring established local talents such as NFT sound artist and “Godfather” of Chinese hip hop, MC Yan, and leading Hong Kong digital artists such as Henry Chu, who was recently commissioned by Hong Kong’s M+ museum; and Victor Wong, the creator of A.I. Gemini, the world’s first artificial intelligence ink artist.
● VIRTUAL REALITY ART EXPERIENCE ZONE featuring dslcollection VR art museum – the first virtual art museum established in 2005 by Paris-based collectors Sylvian and Dominique Lévy. The dslcollection includes over 300 artworks by over 200 Chinese Contemporary Artists, where visitors can enjoy viewing an important Chinese contemporary art collection via advanced visual technology, supported by OculusTM VR headsets.
Supported by leading institutions from different sectors, DAFA is setting a new standard of international art fairs, using advanced technology to display art in a way that has never been done before in any traditional art fair.
Collecting NFT contemporary art at Digital Art Fair Asia
With a focus on new media art, DAFA has curated an NFT crypto art exhibition with over 100 pieces of work available for purchase at the fair and online through the Refinable NFT platform.
Digital Art Fair Asia Metaverse digital twin fair available to view online or using OculusTM VR Headset
DAFA’s Metaverse digital twin fair, supported by VR ALL Art, will be available to international viewers online. Visitors can experience the space by using an OculusTM VR Headset at the Virtual Reality Art Experience Zone or anywhere in the world at their own home. DAFA’s Metaverse digital twin fair goes beyond the physical limitations of traditional art fairs, giving art fair directors and collectors new power to overcome the constraints of real-life space and opening hours.
Digital Art Fair Asia revolutionising the art world on provenance and authentication
DAFA presents to the art world a new way of authenticating artwork with the use of near-field communication (NFC) chips. Partnering with ZHEN. – an art authentication and augmented reality platform, to track the provenance of physical artwork by putting NFC chips on art pieces that are presented at DAFA.
Augmented reality art at Digital Art Fair Asia
DAFA presents a series of artworks with augmented reality technology, artists including Jacky Tsai and Derry Ainsworth, integrating augmented reality processes for the first time to showcase their work. Located in the Prestige Zone, the fair brings traditionally 2D artwork to 3D, for an immersive and interactive experience, through sophisticated image recognition and mapping of advanced technology.
Innovative display of digital art
DAFA presents digital art in the most innovative display that brings the beauty of each art piece through the highest quality of tools with advanced technology. Viewer’s experiences of spaces are enhanced with additional styles and colors.
Inspiring the new generation of art collectors
In addition to extraordinary NFT and digital art that will be presented at the fair, DAFA brings an extensive engaging program of talks with leading voices in the topics of art and technology, featuring art professionals, collectors, and experts from the business and technology industry.
In our programme, top leaders in the industry will connect, share insights, gather thoughts and ideas with open discussions on the topics of:
● Art x Tech Innovation in Hong Kong and the Asia region
● NFT Landscape: Opportunities & Risks
● How to Mint and Sell an NFT
● Tips for Collecting Digital Art and NFT Art
● Creating Art in Virtual Reality
● The New Generation of Metaverse
- 3 October
- 17 October
- $80 – $350
- Event Categories:
- Digital Art, Fairs & Festivals
You may also like
27 October - 14 November
28 October - 31 October
28 October - 8:00 pm - 9:10 pm